Skip navigation

One of my favourite hobbies is swimming, I go to Platinum Gym Kaifan to swim nearly everyday in thier 20-something meters pool, but I hate it now, it’s getting so crowded, I can’t swim a proper lap without bumping into someone or without lifting my head up to see if the path is clear every time, plus I need a larger pool anyway. So I decided to leave Platinum before the end of this month and join a real pool, a 50m olympic sized swimming pool.

I’ve been asking my freinds who have been swimming on sports clubs before, if they know any 50m pools, either public or private, I’ve also done some digging myself.

So here are my findings so far, (all 50m size pools) :

I started visiting Khaitan Sports club – Khaitan, its an open pool, not my taste. Monthly subscription 25kd, open for anyone.

Al-Yarmook Sports club in Mishref – much better, same subscription, open for anyone.

I also visited Qadsiya Sports club – in Hawally- but didn’t took any pictures unfortunately, but it looked newer than Al-Yarmook club. 3 days per week only, and I have to pay for a trainer, I passed it.

Update: Today I checked Al-Arabi Sports Club in Mansouriya, the place is quite nice, but open only from sat-wed, here are a few pictures:

I heard that other olympic pools are in Al-Tathamun S.C, Al-Jahra S.C, Al-Naser S.C, but I haven’t visited them yet. I also heard that Khazema S.C are building a new olympic pool due in 2010 maybe. But I’d like to note that some clubs only accept people under 18 like the case with Kuwait sports club in Kaifan – stupid I know.

There aren’t any commercial olympic sized pools (50m) in Kuwait other than the ones at the sport clubs as I’ve heard later on, I will keep this post updated with more findings however.

As for now I will join Al-Yarmook S.C since thier opening times suits me the best, everyday exepct friday.
(Update: I also might consider Al-Arabi too)

If I forgot to mention a sports complex with a 50m pool, I’d love to hear it in the comments below, thanks !

23 Comments

1. i really for ur great post. i was hungrily seeking such kind of information about swimming pools in kuwait. am a swimming fan too but unfortunately i didnt know where to go. once i went to the Swimming Pool Complex in salmiya and it was really crap S**T. its full of boys that only gods knows what r they doing inside. i tried it once and i was scratching my whole body for two weeks.

once i called Qadsiya Club and they told its not open for the public. but if its open now it will be fantastic.

and by the way is there any formal tests, or what ever, to subscribe to any of the pools u mentioned?

thanks

2. Thanks Rashed, yea tell me about it .. hehe :P

btw Qadsiya club are open for the public I checked last week

Yes ur right, there are some tests to do, but it won’t take time you can finish while ur there

3. I once went to Alnassir sports club to have a swim

it was an Olympic pool and I had my goggles with me , so when I dove and looked in the water , it turned out that it wasnt a pool but it was a sewage :-D

4. That’s because your talking about a sports club that isn’t on par with standards. It might have been a long time ago and things might’ve changed now. I’ve heard of a similar thing from a friend when he was swimming in Abdulmohsen Al-Bahar Swimming complex in Al-Surra long ago. The best thing is to look for pools that aren’t kid centric, there are sport clubs that either accept elite swimmers or swimmers from age 18 and above. I would recommend looking for those. I would also recommend you ask about the pool in general before you dive in, good pool maintenance is key to a good swim. Good luck :)

• Carolina
    • Posted October 20, 2009 at 4:26 am

I think that most pools in the world are measured in metres, but in the United States pools are almost always measured in feet and yards. In the United Kingdom most pools are in metres, but older pools measured in yards still exist. In the US pools tend to either be 25 yards (SCY-short course yards), 25 metres (SCM-short course metres) or 50 metres (long course). US high schools and the NCAA conduct short course (25 yards) competition. There also exist many swimming pools 33 m long, so that 3 lengths = 100 m. This pool dimension is commonly used to accommodate water polo.

Regards, Carolina

5. im really looking for swimming fool that i can make my daily exercise, and found this site thanks ahmad its really help us a lot for does who are new here in kuwait,,, thanks cris

6. i always use Swimming as may daily exercise, it is much better than jogging and running:`-

• AZz
    • Posted August 16, 2010 at 2:44 am

Hi I am a 26 year old female and I may have a mild phobia of water or drowning. I have been looking around for professional instructors & swimming classes to help me with this fear. You seem to know quite a bit about the swimming scene in Kuwait. Is there anyone or anyplace you could recommend for me ? I would really just like to enjoy swimming and go diving some day.

7. I am about to visit Kuwait again and appreciate you putting all of this together. I am now swimming every week trying to keep in shape, and I love it,so peaceful. I will have to see which one of these pools are closer to my work.

8. ..` I am really thankful to this topic because it really gives useful information .;.

9. Outstanding publish, I just given this onto a fellow employee who was doing a little study on this. And he in fact purchased me breakfast due to the fact I discovered it for him? smile.. So allow me to reword that: Thnx for the deal with! But yeah Thnkx for taking the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and get enjoyment understanding far more on this leadingic. If possible, when you create expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with additional details? It is highly beneficial for me. Two thumb up for this article!

10. swimming can really exercise all the muscles in our body that is why it is better than walking-

• Islam
    • Posted October 9, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Hi. I don’t know how to thank you about this post. I used to swim daily in Marina open beach I really enjoyed it, also it is way cleaner than swimming pools specially in the summer where it is so crowded. However, winter is getting closer and I’m looking for closed and suitable swimming pools to continue my daily exercises.

11. Well, if you are a swimming pool owner, you then must be aware of every one of the vital suggestions associated with the adornment in the regularly. There are many techniques by which you’ll be able to …pool fill in

12. Most people would like to have their own swimming pool on their home, but many of these people still find it merely an excessive amount of a hassle or expenditure to get a single. This action simply by …pool removal

• swim lover
    • Posted June 27, 2012 at 4:24 pm

please i would like to know if these places are for women and men together? or do they have certain days just for women? and also do any of these places you mentioned have a gym as well? let me know. thanks.

• swimmer
    • Posted July 3, 2012 at 10:42 am

Hi, I have the same question for hours for women. Do you have the phone number for Al Yarmouk and Al Arabi sports club? Thanks.

• Anand Jambunathan
    • Posted July 18, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Hi, I am looking for a pool for my daughter, can you help me if you know any info on pools for kids between 9-11 yrs.

Appreciate your help, and this indeed is a good post you have on the swimming pool info.

• Gene
    • Posted April 20, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Hi!

I would Like to ask if anyone who knows olympic pool in salmiyah that is cheap and Clean? I mean near to salmiyah Area.

Thanks!
    Regards gene

• SHAN SENTHIL
    • Posted June 3, 2013 at 1:07 pm

Hii..very informative discussion….would anybody help me find a swimming pool for my daughters aged 7 and 11 in Fahaheel or mangaf or abu halifa or sabahiya or nearby…i would appreciate if anybody would help me in this regards..SHAN

• Bogi
    • Posted November 28, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Can I ask you that how much does the monthly ticket costs in the Al-Yarmook? And is it opened for women too every day? :)

• zaynab
    • Posted February 14, 2014 at 12:10 pm

hello,
    I wanna thank you so much for making this public. do you have Al-Yarmook Sports club number?.

• Rodesaa
    • Posted September 4, 2015 at 7:15 pm

Hi. My name is rodesa from phils. Im a swimming teacher. Just arrived last week and im looking for olympic size pool closer to jabria. I want my pastvtime to do lapping in pool which i use to be when i was in phil. At least i can swim twice of twice a week